- MIKAO USUI
The founder of Reiki Mikao Usui
Mikao Usui was born on August 15, 1865 in the village of Yago in southern Japan. In his youth he traveled extensively as itinerant Novice and studied. He studied a long time at the Tendai Buddhist Temple on the sacred Mountain Kurama and studied Kiko, a healing form which improves your health with meditation, breathing techniques and slow movements.
He studied at several universities medicine, psychology, religion and spiritual development and joined the Rei Jyutu Ka’groep, which was engaged in spiritual development and metaphysics. In 1922 he held a retreat on the Mountain Kurama. According to say he got a Satori, an enlightened experience, which occurred as the inflow of Ki in the Crown – Chakra. That year he founded “Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai” (Usui Foundation therapeutics) and opened a Reiki clinic in the center of Kyoto. This was very important during the great earthquake of 1923, in which more than 140,000 people were killed. Through his work with Reiki in that period, he received the Kun San To award from the then Emperor Meiji. Dr. Mikao Usui died on March 9, 1926 in Reiki – center in Fukuyama. He is buried at the Saihoji Temple in Suginami – Ku in Tokyo.
Reiki means Universal Energy of Life
The Reiki Principles
- I’m not angry or annoyed today.
- I’m not worried for today.
- I am grateful for everything on my path.
- I work today with dedication.
- I’m friendly to everyone today.
The ultimate goal is to understand the ancient secret to be happy and also to discover a cure for many diseases. If you take these principles into account, you will gain the peace of mind of the ancient sages. To spread the Reiki system it is important to begin with yourself, not with philosophy or logic.
Live the great principles, pure and calm. Work on the power and do things from the silence within yourself. Anyone can access Reiki, because it begins with you.
The world is changing, attitudes change. If Reiki can spread around the world, it will distribute the hearts of the people and change the morality of mankind. It will help many people and not only cure disease but also the Earth as a whole.
The word Reiki means universal life energy.
Rei is universal Ki life energy, is a Japanese treatment that uses energy to heal body and mind.
One of the principles of Reiki is that all living contains energy. If the energy level is low or out of balance, things act as stress or health problems. Transmission of universal life energy for most people is not just possible. Initiations by the Reiki giver protected him or her from taking on negative energy from the receiver during treatment. With the passing of universal life energy (or Reiki energy) to the places where disharmony is, the balance is restored. Thus mind and body healed. The most familiar type is the Usui System of Natural Healing, or Usui Reiki laying on of hands.
The effects of Reiki:
- It promotes the self-healing ability of the body.
- It revitalizes body and mind.
- It restores harmony.
- It works on physical, mental and emotional level.
- It brings the energy system in balance.
- It removes blockages and promotes relaxation.
- It cleans.
- It works both in humans and in animals, plants and stones.
- It promotes self-development.
- Reiki Master in the Usui System of Natural Healing with additional 5th, 6th grade.
- Master in Kundalini Reiki / Boosters, Kristal Reiki, Huna Reiki ,Golden Blue Light Reiki, Light Reiki and Full Spectrum Healing.
- A consultation costs 40 Euro for one hour.
This page is also available in Dutch.